Diploma In Ophthalmic Assistant
The primary aim of IPMT has always been to create a knowledge based society that can sustain development and growth at a compatible pace, to create a better and trained work force which can lead the country to a greater height and to alleviate unemployment.
The Institute of Para-Medical Sciences & Management has been affiliated to and recognised by the Institute of Paramedical, Management & Technology (IPMT), New Delhi 111 074 to run and conduct its various Courses under their able guidance, supervision and control, to improve the socio-economic condition of our country through continuous effort in educating the general masses by providing various types of Highly Job Oriented Courses. These Courses are technical in nature and there is a need of proper training and Practical Exposure is necessary.
- Modified Duty Chart of Ophthalmic Assistant (Technician) :
- Test vision and prescribe glasses
- Assist Medical Officer PHC in providing primary eye-care including treatment for trachoma, conjunctivitis and associated infections
- Assist Mobile Unit in conducting eye-care camps
- Survey the community for early detection of eye defects
- Organise community eye-care education activities
- Train staff at peripheral level
Certified ophthalmic assistants aid ophthalmologists by obtaining medical records, performing preliminary eye function testing and explaining to patients about medication or procedures. Ophthalmic assistants generally work closely with an ophthalmologist, gathering patient information necessary to complete a diagnosis.